The NEW

HavenBuilders Forum

Sponsored By

In order to access the main site please visit www.havenbuilders.com and log in.
If you have not yet joined, you may do so at www.havenbuilder.com.

Return to Haven Builders Web Site
Return to Alpha II Web Site

CLICK HERE to see what's new on the Haven 12 1/2 Site

IMPORTANT! Builders and owners please submit photos of completed boats, as well as works in progress. Email to: info@havenbuilders.com or mail to 1747 Littlestone Rd.; Grosse Pointe Woods, MI, 48236.

Please note that advertisements and solicitations are inappropriate on this BB.

REGISTER!

Author Topic: Anyone Currently Building The Haven  (Read 143 times)

Craig

• Sr. BoatBuilder
    • View Profile
Anyone Currently Building The Haven
« on: August 26, 2017, 05:13:00 PM »
Shout out to see if anyone else is building the Haven. I wouldn't mind sending pictures and videos of my build if there is anyone reading the forum.
Craig

kilp

• Sr. BoatBuilder
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone Currently Building The Haven
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2017, 09:11:12 PM »
I've just recently started my build.   Got the molds done.  Transom in progress; I had the mahogany.  Next (for me) is the stem and stern knee.  Haven't gotten around to sending progress pictures to the Moderator; plenty of good mold pictures out there already.  I do check the forum from time to time, just not daily.  Be nice to see someone else here.
Todd

webmaster

• Administrator
  • Sr. BoatBuilder
    • View Profile
    • HavenBuilders
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2017, 09:37:30 AM »
Craig....

Please add your photos and videos here to this post.  There are hundreds of people who look at this Forum, but who are not registered users who could benefit from your photos and comments.  For example, there are currently: "Users Online Users Online 78 Guests, 2 Users"

This statistic can be accessed any time on the "HOME" page (www.havenbuilder.com) near the bottom of the page.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 09:42:16 AM by webmaster »

Craig

• Sr. BoatBuilder
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2017, 12:25:14 PM »
Glad to see another builder out there. Iím drafting a post on my keel pouring experiences and will post it shortly with some pictures. Iím thought Iíd start with the hardest things first. A friend gave me the molds but I donít want to begin the hull till everything else is ready as it will take up a lot of room.
Right now Iím carving out the tiller. Another difficult project. Thereís a great video on complex curves at offcenterharbor.com. This is a great site and well worth $40 a year.

Entries from the old Forum have been compiled into a "Variations From Plans" document which you can
download and print out as a Word document HERE.

Or you can view it as a web page at HERE

It is by no means complete. Send me an email or post here additional items which should be included in this document and it will be updated periodically. This document will allow new builders to benefit from our learning experiences and save them some grief!